Dear ROSRC Members,
Only two full weeks are left until the pool officially closes for the 2023 season. What a great time we’ve had! Thank you to all our volunteers, workday volunteers, families, and businesses who have stepped up to support our bathroom renovation fundraiser!
We hope you’ve made beautiful memories with loved ones this season, and we look forward to more to come! Don’t fret; we plan to host another Adult Night this fall and some exciting social activities that may involve football & BBQ – so stay tuned for more details!
Please review the updates in this letter; we have upcoming elections at our October general membership meeting and a handful of open positions! If you want to join the Board, please reply to [email protected]..
October Board Elections
Our general membership meeting will be held in October. We have seven opening Board positions:
If you are interested in joining the Board, please submit your name ASAP. This is the last call to enter into the ballot.
Not ready to join as a Board member but interested in getting more involved in the club? Joining a committee is a great way to do so!
Let us know if you are interested: https://forms.gle/v1V2MaoCzJXTCeZP6
We appreciate your interest and support! Labor Day Tennis Round Robin Winners: Congrats to our Labor Day Round Robin Winners!
• 1st place: Chana Coughlin and Morgan Blake
• Runners up: Marie DeVeau and David Webb.
Our 1st place winners received $50 gift certificates & our runners-up received $25 each to Court Craft!
• Fall Tennis League registration. If you are interested in playing on the Men’s or Women’s team, please contact Marie DeVeau for more information.
◦ [email protected]
• Courts must be reserved at www.yourcourts.com for all play, including casual.
Pool Hours | Day after Labor Day through the last weekend of September:
• Monday – Friday, 7 a.m. – 8 p.m.
• Saturday 11 a.m. – 11 p.m.
• Sunday* Noon – 8 p.m.
◦ * Lifeguard on duty
WHEN LIFEGUARDS ARE NOT PRESENT, IT IS SWIM AT YOUR OWN RISK, AND DIVING BOARDS ARE CLOSED. BATHROOMS CAN BE ACCESSED VIA KEY CARD FROM OUTSIDE/EXTERNAL DOORS
Family Sponsorships of Bathroom Renovation Project
A big thanks are in order to those families that made a family sponsorship pledge, those members that participated in the numerous fundraising opportunities, and the local businesses that helped support our club through business sponsorships. Roughly half of the funds raised to date came through business and family sponsorships. Please thank our business sponsors for patronizing their establishments and thanking them for their donation to our club.
Our 220-family membership raised $8800, which is roughly 24% of the cost needed to renovate the bathrooms. We are asking for any families willing to step forward to sponsor this project. Sponsor opportunities are as follows:
• $150 Sponsorship – With this gift, your family name will be added to the fundraising banner, and you will receive a newly designed River Oak Swim & Racquet Club t-shirt as a thank-you gift.
• $200 Business Sponsorship – With this gift, your company logo can be added to the fundraising banner and our upcoming newsletters.
◦ If anyone has a business or knows someone with a business that supports the community to provide Sherri or Brandy the name(s). We will contact them to discuss a business sponsorship.
▪ Brandy: [email protected]
▪ Sherri: [email protected]
If you are interested in making one of these gifts or a donation in any amount, please contact Carol Hawkins, Treasurer, at [email protected] to arrange payment for these funds.
All donations made will be collected in a separate Building Renovations account.
• John Blake Family
• Curtis & Carol Freeman
• Don & Elizabeth Summers
• Duane Kilgus
• Laura Wilson
• Alison Makely
• Tim & Jim Mayhew
• Lorri Murray
• Ann Porter & Paul Arnoff
• Tracy & Tery Johnson
• Sheri Fowler
• Angela & Andy Parish
• Esther & Brian Meyer
Local Business Sponsors
LABOR DAY & JUNIOR ACTIVITIES ICE CREAM SOCIAL