If you attended last month’s general membership meeting on April 16th, or if you have read recent newsletters, then you are aware that we are working hard on some large-scale projects for the club. One of these, the bathroom renovation, is a project that I have heard many members discuss over the course of the last few years. Great news– we are very close to making this happen!
David Hauert, our Building & Grounds chairperson, has invested a great deal of time and energy meeting with contractors and plumbers to arrive at a detailed scope of work for the project. In addition, he has obtained estimated pricing for the changes. His proposed scope of work includes:
- Re-slope and resurface the bathroom floors so that any water carried in would flow properly to a drain.
- Install a trench style drain in each restroom and an additional drain in each.
- Replace the hot water heater
- Replace toilets in the ladies’ room. Remove and reset other plumbing fixtures.
- Replace the partitions in the ladies’ room – we are working on a configuration
- Install new doors.
The estimates we have received are between $35,000 – $40,000. We need an additional source of funding in order to make this project a reality. Our goal is for this project to get underway this fall, if financially possible. We believe the project is necessary and important to our members so we are appealing to you for help.
In addition to a number of fundraising activities planned for the summer, we are asking for any families that are willing to step forward to sponsor this project. We are requesting the following:
- $150 Sponsorship – With this gift, your family name would be added to the fundraising banner and you will receive a newly designed River Oak Swim & Racquet Club t-shirt as a thank you gift.
- $200 Business Sponsorship – With this gift, your company logo can be added to the fundraising banner and our upcoming newsletters.
If you are interested in making one of these gifts, or a donation in any amount, please contact Carol Hawkins, Treasurer, at [email protected] to arrange payment as these funds. All donations made will be collected in a separate Building Renovations account.
T-Shirt Sales/Pre-Order during the Memorial Day Party:
- A small number of shirts will be available for purchase during the Memorial Day party for $25. You may pay by cash or check
- T-shirt pre-order sale – we will also be pre-ordering shirts during the Memorial Day party. If you are interested in pre-ordering a shirt, please plan to bring cash or check. Shirts are $25 each.