Add to Calendar
Hello River Oak Swim Team Families,
Registration is upon us! We are going to have River Oak Rapids Registration at the pool this Sunday (March 23rd) from 2:00-5:00. It should only take you 15 minutes or so and can stop in whenever it is most convenient and stay as long as you like. Read on for a couple of important notes…
1. Andrew Beumer will be back this year and will be our head coach. Becky Bass and Megan Hansen will also be back as assistant coaches. We are excited to have them all back and for a great season ahead. They are also planning to be at registration to welcome back returning swimmers and meet some new ones.
2. This year, we will be seeking a couple of swimmers to serve as Junior Coaches and to help out in practices and in meets. They will need to be at least 15 years old and have good technical swimming skills (to help instruct others in strokes) as well as leadership skills (to earn the respect of other swimmers and help lead as directed). This is a great opportunity for swimmers looking to serve as a coach in the future and it will be a paid position. Anyone interested should respond to Steve Ridley ([email protected]) and make plans to spend a few extra moments in a brief interview at registration. From those who interview, we will select a couple to serve in this role.
3. Fees are the same as last year (but this year will also include a swim team photo)….$30 per family, plus
– $100 first swimmer, $90 second, $80 third, $75 for age 15 & over (Member rates)
– $115 first swimmer, $105 second, $95 third, $75 for 15 & over (Non-member rates)
4. Any new swimmers (who did not swim in the Gwinnett County Swim League last year) will need to bring to registration a certified birth certificate (that you will take back home) and a copy (that we can keep).
5. We will also be discussing and signing up parents in volunteer roles.
Additional information including the practice schedule and swimsuit info will be available at registration. We are really excited about this year and can’t wait to get things rolling. We hope to see you all on Sunday! Any questions can be directed to Steve Ridley (678-230-6114) or Nicki Hansen (404-509-5701)
Please spread the word to any friends that would interested.