ROSRC had a great turn out for the Open Board Meeting which was held on October 5th. The New Board Members were announced and they will begin their new roles at the November 8th Meeting. You will receive an email thereafter announcing the Board Members and their positions.
2021 ROSRC Board Members:
MaryAnne Brown – acting president
Carol Hawkins – secretary
Chris Cole – Pool
Kris Vollenweider – Bldgs & grounds
Kasia Palmaka – PR
Christie Burton – membership
Kes Helms – junior activities
* Please email me if you want to be removed from our email list. Thank you!
ROSRC Public Relationsrosrc.firstname.lastname@example.org
Good evening ROSRC Members!
With less than 3 weeks remaining of our pool being open, I wanted to follow up on some “housekeeping” items and some reminders!
If you are receiving this email, and you are NO longer an active ROSRC Member, please reply to this email and you will be removed from these communications.
1. ROSRC Pool has removed the diving boards and is now open with “Swim At Your Own Risk”. An ADULT MUST BE PRESENT with children at the pool whether the children are swimming or not swimming.
2. GATE HOURS for the remainder of the Season (Last Day is September 30th) 7:00am – 8:00pm OR Sun Up ’til Sun Down PLEASE NOTE: bathrooms open @10:00am daily
3. Work credits are still available!!! If for some reason you have not already fulfilled your work credit for 2020, or cannot fulfill during this month, we may have some opportunities this Fall Season after we repair our roof. As always, you can contribute your $50 towards ROSRC’s beautification. Please reply to this email if you are interested and I will let you know what dates and times are available. I did receive a few replies last week and those folks will receive the work credit options in an email next week.
4. LAST CALL to Submit Your Name For Election Time!!! If you are interested in running for any of the following OPEN ROSRC Board Member positions, and haven’t already responded, please respond to this email with your full name and position of interest. – President – Treasurer – Tennis
As always, ROSRC thanks all of our Members and their Guests for keeping ROSRC Safe & Awesome! Please enjoy these last days of pool season 2020. Our Tennis Courts will remain OPEN and we do have Leagues should you want to join!
It is about that time of year. Less than a 1 month before we close our pool. With that said, here are some “housekeeping” items and updates!
1. ROSRC has been blessed this season with remaining open!!! Positively Pools and our Members have kept our environment clean & safe! Thank you to all that contributed to our staying COVID-Clean and helping around our Club. A special THANK YOU to Christie Burton for signing up many NEW members this season! With all the new members comes a few ooopsies. We did have one or two incidents where a GLASS baby jar of food was at the pool, as well as, a GLASS bottle of beer. PLEASE NOTE: ROSRC is a GLASS FREEenvironment. NO GLASS of any type is permitted. We understand babies need food and recommend the squeezy plastic type or transfer glass food into a plastic tupperware please! Adults, beer also comes in a can & is pool friendly!!!
2. It was brought to the Board’s attention that people have been using the diving boards during “swim at your own risk” time. NOTE:diving boards are NOT to be used when a lifeguard is not sitting in a lifeguard chair.
4. Work credits still available. We are recruiting ROSRC Members to help beautify our grounds. Please reply to this email if you are interested and I will let you know what dates and times are available.
5. NEW GATE HOURS:9/2 – 9/3: 7:00am – 8:00pm (Wednesday & Thursday)9/4 – 9/5: 7:00am – 11:00pm (Friday & Saturday)9/6: 7:00am – 9:00pm (Sunday)9/7: 7:00am – 8:00pm (Labor Day – Monday)
9/8 – 9/30: 7:00am – 8:00pm OR sun up til sundown WITH SWIM AT YOUR OWN RISK* PLEASE NOTE: bathrooms open at 10:00am daily
6. Election Time!!! If you are interested in running for any of the following OPEN ROSRC Board Member positions, please respond to this email with your full name and position of interest. – President– Treasurer– Tennis
7. In early August, some of you noticed some problems with our toilets, shower stall and water hoses. With much patience, determination and fierce efforts of the Board Members, we were able to keep our Pool and Tennis Courts open! We replaced a portion of the plumbing pipeline that were destroyed by tree roots and also had to take down some trees that had some nasty roots or were simply rotting. The pool’s main water pump was also fixed.
8. Frasier Roofing will be replacing and updating the rooftops on our main pavilion, tennis pavilion and announcement board as soon as the pool closes. Thank you to Phillip Moussakhani and Frasier Roofing for helping ROSRC with this enhancement,
9. In early August, ROSRC lost a few pool umbrellas during a bad storm. ROSRC replaced several BLUE and both RED lifeguard umbrellas. When all the umbrellas are open… our Club looks AWESOME!
As always, ROSRC thanks all of our Members and their Guests for keeping ROSRC Safe & Awesome! Please be careful during this holiday weekend. ROSRC will be open and it looks like super weather for our Club!
God Bless America & Keep Us All Safe
To the members of ROSRC,
Next month, we will be holding elections for the Board of Directors at River Oak Swim & Racquet Club. If you are interested in being on the Board, please reply to this email with your FULL NAME. This is a great way to become part of keeping our club GREAT! Thank you in advance for your interest in serving on the Board of Directors.
Below you will find a current list of our Board of Directors for you to know who you will be teaming up with, for you to hang on your refrigerator or to just keep handy.
Thank you for making ROSRC awesome!
ROSRC Board of Directors:
Pres/Vice President: Mary Anne Brown
Treasurer: Traci Johnson
Secretary: Carol Hawkins
Membership: Christie Burton
Pool: Chris Cole
Buildings and Ground: Kris Vollenweider
Social: Karin Damaschke
Junior Activities: Kes Helms
Tennis: Derrick Huff
Public Relations: Kasia Palmaka
Hi ROSRC Families,
It’s almost summer time…but it is definitely pool time! Our club pool will officially open, as planned, on Friday May 22nd. That said, there are a few stipulations that must be in place to provide all members with a safe and pleasant swimming experience. Please review all of the following guidelines and discuss with your family members prior to your first pool visit.
- Key cards will be activated for those members that have paid their March dues. Activation will occur on opening day, 5/22. If you have not yet paid, you may still put payment in the club mailbox or pay via Paypal.
- Please refrain from coming to the pool if you or a family member have been recently sick.
- Sanitizing spray will be provided by lifeguards, and they will make a cleaning sweep of the pool area every Rest Break. To accommodate this, the break will be extended to 20 minutes, rather than the usual 15 minute time block. It is advised that you spray down your seating area upon arrival and prior to leaving the pool.
- The pool hours will remain the same with Swim at Your Own Risk and lifeguard hours continuing to be the same as in years past.
- Please respect the table grouping and chair setup, and do not move these furniture pieces. Social distancing must remain in place between non-family/guest members.
- No shared pool toys/items will be allowed.
- There will be no Lost and Found, so try to keep up with your personal items.
- There will be guests allowed, but Membership Priority will be in place. If the pool reaches capacity (70 swimmers for this summer) then families with guests will be asked to honor the Membership Priority policy.
- Sign in will be for guests only this year. Member families will not need to sign in upon arrival.
- There will be no diving boards open this summer,
- The playground will remain closed until further notice.
- No parties or pavilion rentals will be allowed for the entirety of the summer.
- Please be supportive of lifeguards and respectful to others. This is new to all of us, and it’s important that you do your part to make these guidelines work effectively.
*** Special note from Positively Pools:
Member cooperation is imperative during these unusual times. It is expected that members abide by the guidelines on their own, as well as fully cooperate in a respectful and reasonable measure when asked to do so by lifeguard staff. There will be zero tolerance for combative or argumentative members while we are trying to regulate safe pool use. The controlled reduction of spreading COVID-19 and return to the lifestyle we enjoyed prior to lockdown is contingent upon us all doing our part, and cooperating and following rules both governed and logical.
ROSRC Public Relationsrosrc.email@example.com
Hi ROSRC Families,
I hope this message finds you well. We have some news to share regarding our pool opening. Per the updated state guidelines, we are making plans to open the pool on May 22nd, 2020. There will be some limitations that we request our members strictly follow. That being said, there will be many members that fall into the category of individuals that will need to continue to shelter at home. Please review the following guidelines and determine how your family wants to proceed. We hope that this limited opening allows all members to feel they are able to make an informed choice about the use of our community facility.
- May 22 is our new tentative opening date with full staff coverage.
- No diving boards installed to help reduce any spread.
- No baby pool to help the littles from crowding and spreading.
- No parties or pavilion rentals for the season.
- Positively Pools will supply sanitizer on the sign in table so the ‘exit’ button can be sanitized. They will also clean and sanitize furniture, periodically.
- Positively Pools is currently assessing how the patron limits will be calculated. The lifeguards will assist with enforcement. Stay tuned for more information about the pool member limits.
ROSRC DUES NOTICE:
Dear Club Member: In accordance with Article VIII, Section 2, the board of directors set the dues for the current semi-annual billing period as: $275. Payment is due by June 1, 2020. If you have already paid for the whole year—thank you and please disregard this letter.
Checks should be made payable to River Oak Swim and Racquet Club and mailed to:
c/o Treasurer Traci Johnson
3100 River Drive
Lawrenceville, GA 30044
You may also pay with debit or credit card through PayPal. There is a link on our website if you would like to pay through PayPal.
The ROSRC board knows that these are unprecedented times, and if you would like to remain a club member but are having trouble with payments, please email me at the email below to work out a payment plan for the year.
Thank you and hope to see you at the club soon!
We are certainly facing challenging times, and we hope that all of our ROSRC families are well. The health and safety of our members is top priority, and while we wish to ensure the enjoyment of our facilities, gathering at the pool is not advisable due to the various restrictions and orders we are under. For this reason, we have opted to delay the opening of our pool. Since there is no way to predict when we can schedule an “opening day”, for now we must remain flexible and responsive to the situation as it unfolds. Additionally, in compliance with state guidelines, the May Junior Activities and the opening day Memorial Picnic will be cancelled. We are currently evaluating various options for ways to manage group gatherings, if/when the current guidelines are relaxed.
Though the pool is not currently open, we are excited to announce that the tennis courts are still available for your enjoyment! While we must ask that you follow the state guidelines for group distancing and gathering, please feel free to make use of the courts with your family.
The upkeep of our club is vital, and we cannot stop or delay even slightly the preparations needed to ensure the pool and staff are ready for swimming next month. It has been recommended that furniture be left stored and covers stay on until we get some better indicators of when public gathering will be allowed. Repairs, maintenance and water quality are high priority to continue. Positively Pools will still be visiting, treating, prepping and stocking our pool as well as hiring and training staff for summer services.
In compliance with the current guidelines, we will be cancelling our group Work Day originally scheduled for April 18th. You are invited to help beautify our grounds on your own schedule and earn credit this way. Please reach out if you would like to take this opportunity, and we will advise you of the maintenance and landscaping needs.
A June Dues Notice reminder will be coming soon. Protecting the financial solvency of any small business is key during stressful times. For this reason, the Board has evaluated expenses and made some adjustments to guard our interests. Changes have been made to our wi-fi, phone, landscaping, and cable accounts to make sure we are getting the best rates and being proactive with our finances. Positively Pools is also being responsive to the current situation, and they are promising to ensure a readiness to serve, but they are also planning to only charge for services that are rendered.
In these uncertain times, please remember that the River Oak Swim and Racquet Club is a member run facility. Since the Board is comprised of club volunteers, your support is greatly appreciated as we navigate this unchartered territory.
ROSRC Members and Families:
We wanted to give you an update on the status of the Larry Hogan Tennis Pavilion Project. We have
raised about $1,600 towards the $2,500 goal to complete all the desired improvements. There have
been several people/families who have pledged to contribute but have not yet sent in money, so if it’s
fallen off your radar, please go ahead and get your donation in ASAP. We need a firm tally of how
much we have in order to prioritize allocation of those dollars (note – do NOT make checks out to
ROSRC as this is separate from club funds):
1. Mailed bank check:
222 12 th Street NE, Unit 2005
Atlanta, GA 30309
2. Venmo available (contact Mary Koerner or Vicki Spratlin below)
3. Contact info:
Mary Koerner (678) 613-5332 firstname.lastname@example.org
Karen Bagley (770) 364-5249 email@example.com
Vicki Spratlin (770) 490-0321 firstname.lastname@example.org
This past weekend, the work kicked off with pressure washing of the pavilion area as well as rotten
board replacement. Once the temperatures warm up and the rain stops, the woodwork will be
stained and sealed. If you have expertise in outdoor wood staining and/or access to purchase staining
materials at a discounted cost, please let Mary, Karen, or Vicki know. After staining, we will complete
the following based on final available funds:
Installation of new facia boards on pavilion
Decorative woodwork added
New ceiling fans installed
New decorative lighting installed
New food-serving table
Roll-down vinyl side curtains if budget allows
Landscaping spruce up if budget allows (need volunteers)
Pavilion roof shingles replaced if budget allows (need volunteers)
Thanks, again, for helping us show this wonderful family how much they are loved.
ROSRC Public Relationsrosrc.email@example.com
Join our Member’s Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/ROSRCMembersOnly/
Like our Public Page: https://www.facebook.com/RiverOakPool/
Dear ROSRC Families:
You are invited to join us for a General Board Meeting on Sunday, October 20th, at 7:00 PM. We will gather in the pavilion. Hope to see you there!
Please also take a minute to review the details of our fantastic Larry Hogan Project. This initiative is to honor one of our dear members that has recently passed away. We would love for all that are so moved, to participate in this thoughtful way to beautify our club and honor a dear member. Thank you for your consideration! Click HERE for more details.
Kind Regards and Happy Fall!